You are invited to join UCSF's first Community Connections event, an ongoing series that focuses on current topics and issues impacting San Francisco and the greater Bay Area! Our first topic will focus on economic recovery, workforce development, and UCSF projects and initiatives that support these efforts.
Participants will hear from San Francisco’s municipal, community, and labor leaders discuss:
• strategies for economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic
• UCSF’s community workforce agreement with the SF Building & Construction Trades for the new hospital at Parnassus Heights and the local union construction jobs that will be created
• UCSF’s EXCEL program in partnership with Jewish Vocational Services to provide San Francisco residents with access to UCSF employment opportunities
• UCSF’s local hiring commitment as a part of the university's Community Construction Outreach Program with City Build and the SF Office of Economic & Workforce Development
Audience members will have an opportunity to ask questions and substantively engage in the conversation in a more interactive experience.
The conversation will be facilitated by Francesca Vega, Vice Chancellor, UCSF Community & Government Relations. Panelists include:
• Rodney Fong, President & CEO, SF Chamber of Commerce
• Rudy Gonzalez, Secretary Treasurer, SF Building & Construction Trades Council
• Ken Nim, CityBuild Director, SF Office of Economic and Workforce Development
• Lisa Countryman-Quiroz, Chief Executive Officer, Jewish Vocational & Career Counseling Service